View Single Post
I hate to pour cold water. But I'm afraid someone has to, or else leave you hanging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstarks View Post
Perhaps, the application could be put on my iDisk? I have a .mac account - is it possible to run a program from the iDisk, thus being beyond my network, and thereby accessible via the web, or iPhone?
.mac does not host applications, only data.

Quote:
Or is there a way to set something up through one of the website hosting services?
There is a possibility (perhaps even a likelihood) that someone will step into the market of hosting people's OmniFocus data, but no existing website hosting service will be able to provide that service today.

Quote:
Or could the interface be programmed in javascript like iChess, so it works independently of the network, when it is unavailable?

Or can some sort of .mac syncing service work?
These are both interesting ideas that I suspect OG is considering.

Quote:
I know, there must be a clever way of setting things up, I just need someone more creative than I to set me on the path of possibility again. The trail has gone cold for me. Ugh.
You could pay for wired internet at home, buy your own Airport Extreme, set up port forwarding, and serve your OmniFocus data from home. That's not easy or free, but unless you can put a machine on the public internet you can't access the data from your iPhone with the current version of OmniFocus. Cleverness, unfortunately, has nothing to do with it. Unless you're willing to wait on the cleverness of the OmniGroup.

Curt