View Single Post
I'm not familiar with GoodReader, but you can use DropBox and iDisk with OmniFocus iPhone already.

DropBox:
1) View the document in DropBox iPhone app that you want to add as an attachment in OmniFocus iPhone, click on the chain-link icon in the lower-left area of the screen, and select copy link to clipboard.

2) Paste the link in the note field of your OmniFocus task.

3) Click on the link to open DropBox in OmniFocus' browser. You'll see on the page a warning that you need to update Flash, but the document does appear on the page-click and there you have it.

iDisk:

iDisk actually works a little better than DropBox for this.
1) View the document in the iPhone iDisk app, click on the share icon, click on email link, copy the link, and cancel sending the email.

2) Paste the link in the note field of your OmniFocus task.

3) Click on the link and the document opens directly in OmniFocus' browser.

Having mentioned the above, let me say that in the near future the developer of a popular knowledge base/information manager will have the best possible solution to link attachments to OmniFocus tasks on the iPhone/iPad (desktop version of the app is needed also). For those users already using the app, nothing else will come close to matching the level of interaction between the app and OmniFocus. NDA prevents me from saying anything more specific at this time, other than to add that I am not talking about Evernote.

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2010-07-14 at 08:19 AM..