View Single Post
Hello

I'm trialling OP and my main requirement is to be able to manage project resources with different skill sets. For example, Person Y may have skill set 1 & 2. Person Z may have skill set 2 & 3. Both these resources therefore, have a skill set (2) in common however they can both do 'stuff' the other can't, i.e. Person Y has skill set 1, that Person Z does not

Using resource names (i.e. Person Z) does not make it easy for me to see who is available (and at what time) when it is the skill set that actually drives who I can allocate out of a team, to perform a specific task in a project. Put another way, it's no good looking at a resource view and seeing Person Z is available at a point in time to do a job, whereas in reality, he/she is actually not qualified to perform that task, as they do not possess skill set 1

Hope the above makes sense and there is a solution or workaround. I have a large team and it is very skill set driven. To illustrate it further, it's software development centric and not all developers can work on the same technology

Many thanks
MS

Last edited by MARK-S; 2009-08-14 at 03:17 PM..