View Single Post
I didn't mean to start a war over syntax/ interpretation :P Based on my interpretation of Dropped, I prefer to use On Hold for templates, although I understand that the way Dropped hides the folder/ projects is actually more conducive (in some ways) to a template folder. As with all things, I have my own interpretation of canon, and I operate on that (though I'm happy to make it an option for those that don't work the same way). I still think that a dropped <anything> means it is gone and not coming back, but I'm certainly not religious about it, even in my own database.

I'm also 100% in agreement that it depends largely on how you use OF. That's really the power behind the software —*everyone uses it in a way that better fits their mental model/ processes. I exclude my templates folder from most perspectives (and really focus on only available tasks, since I work so hard to create a good project structure on the front-end that allows me to ignore the unavailable tasks until they're front-and-center), but still want it in the main project list so that I am actively making sure the template projects aren't getting stale. To each their own!