Thread: Meta Pivots
View Single Post
In Productive Talk #3 from Merlin Mann and Devid Allen, DA says:

"It would certainly be nice, as you know, if you could relationally database all this stuff so that when you park something out there you could see it by: by who it's about, by what it's about, by where it happens, by how long it takes, by how much energy you have, well it's like -- well, god bless you--that's great. But the truth is you're gonna have to pick, until the technology gets, you know, ten times better than it even is now, to be able to coordinate all that very easily."

I added a by who column and sort to kGTD which is very useful in dealing with a partly volunteer organization. For me, time needed would be much less useful. But it's so easy, OF should be configurable to support it. If sorting by color was useful to someone else, OF ought to be flexible enough to support it.

I hope OF doesn't end up being a me-too, 'canonical' GTD listmanager which is simply the least common denominator of someone's reading of GTD. It could be THE flexible (extensible) implementation that anyone can configure to their needs, so that it actually supports managing my FOCUS, rather than just a subset of my tasks.