Thread: OF is very slow
View Single Post
Hi all,

my OF installation is getting slower and slower - it takes a few seconds to bring up the quick entry window and changing from contexts to projects takes much too long as well.
Indeed I have a lot of projects and tasks because I "misuse" OF for the purpose of collecting example sentences for a linguistic project. "Project" is the grammatical feature I examine and collect examples for, and "context" is the source where I found the sentence. I have over 1500 "next actions" now, meaning example sentences, and I am afraid this might have something to do with OF being so slow. But I thought 1500 is not so much, when you compare it to the amount of data some SQL databases have to hold.
I found OF very convenient not only for GTD, but also for the purpose of this collection - when I discover a new sentence I just open quick entry window and key it in. It would hurt if I could not continue doing that.
Is there a way for me to continue my collection in OF or do I have to look out for a separate tool? Any suggestions?
Any help very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Frank