View Single Post
Here is the situation:

I have a repeating project called 'Daily Review' which has in it review & maintenance tasks that I like to repeat every day.

I have a repeating project called 'Weekly Review' with much the same as above but that happen every week - a more in-depth review.

I have a repeating project called 'Family Review' that seems self explanatory. Also weekly.

Each is set to start at a particular time, be due a particular time, and repeat the next interval when completed. These are separate projects and its the tasks that are set to repeat.

(FYI, this is one of the only situations in which I use due dates. I mostly organize by start date.)

I make theatre for a living which means that when I am in technical rehearsals, I work 14 hour days and am 100% focused on the task at hand. My life schedule is organized around that so I know I don't have any extra time, so I try not to schedule things in those periods, but stuff comes up...

So, when I'm not in technical rehearsals, the system above is really great for making sure I get the reviews I want to have done done every day.

But, they just back up when I'm in tech. So I realize the need to implement two different sets of reviews for when I'm in the two different situations.

My thought is to have a folder called "active reviews" and one called "inactive reviews" and just drag projects back and forth and pause/unpause them. But the question is how do I manage the start / due dates without having to re-enter them every time I swap between normal reviews and tech reviews. There has got to be an elegant solution out there, but I can't seem to find it.

Would love some thoughts from the forum.

Thx.
FD