View Single Post
My issue, explained in some of my other posts, is that I think the very concept of contexts is outdated because of technology readily available now that was not in 2001 when GTD more or less burst on the scene. With an iphone and a Macbook Air, I can do almost anything work related wherever and whenever I want. My problem is that these two "contexts" make up a huge, and unwieldy portion of my tasks, and filtering them in a meaningful way is difficult. My primary method is start dates, which I use liberally, but that still leaves me with too much to triage on a daily basis. I know I can only mow the lawn at home, but I can call, write, email, research, read, etc, pretty much anywhere, and do most of what I need to do all day every day on something that fits in my pocket, or at least in my bag. I need a way to further limit and refine those contexts, and right now OF makes it somewhat difficult. (BTW - I know about all the filtering and perspective options and have used them extensively; I still don't have one that tells me what I need to do today, that does not either force me to place a start date on everything, or look an a list with hundreds of possible actions.)

Again, I am hoping that OF 2.0 addresses some flexibility issues, and gets closer to the iOS versions, which are in my opinion superior products, but my eye is wandering. OF is still the best, but whether it is good enough is a different matter.