View Single Post
Hi...

I use contexts for this and highly recommend it due to the flexibility.

You could set up a project for "general business development" (Or you could set up a folder for "General Business Development" and create individual projects for business development per company) All general business development would go into that project, but you would a different context for each contact. So a context for Joe, one for Jane, etc. When the fostering turns into actual business, you create a new project, and you still relate it to the context of Joe. Then, since you have organized things through contexts, you can easily see in one view everything related to "Joe Smith" from your fostering efforts, to new project you are trying to develop with Joe, to future projects you have scheduled with Joe, to current projects you are working on with Joe.

As a little side note, I too was looking for the Holy Grail of project management. There is a huge hole in the marketplace for this! I am really looking forward to when OF and OP work well together. I've tried every project management system for Mac, and find OF excels for organizing projects and tasks in a usable form.