View Single Post
Hi everyone,

I've been using OF for a while, but stubbed my toe trying to create a new set of tasks. One of those things where it seems someone has the answer to this already (or saw and dismissed the problem); my search didn't turn it up but I'd be happy if there's a way to solve this issue:

I need to create tasks are collections of identical tasks, for call lists.

Like:
Project: Correspondence
Bob
Call
Write
Check back - received note?
Sue
Call
Write
re-send note
Ted
Call
Write
You get the idea? The issue that I have is a minor one, but it's a bit of a pain. These tasks may or may not have different contexts, but in context view I don't see which sub-projects the tasks are part of. In other words, I see three "Call" tasks in the call context (and yes, they just say "Call" in "Correspondence"), but I don't see the sub-projects for the people involved. I have to have under Bob "Call Bob", "Write Bob", "Check back with Bob", etc. Although I don't mind creating the tasks/sub-tasks, it's a pain to not be able to see which sub-task the action is under in Context view.

(It seems like it's somewhat easier to have the upper-level task for each person, with the actions under that person, rather than duplicate the context - Call>Bob rather than Bob>Call, for example.)

I guess there are two possible answers to this. First, am I organizing this the right way? Second, is there a view option or some other method of getting the "hierarchy" of enclosing (sub-) tasks to show in Context mode? (Or am I missing something even more obvious :-)...

Thanks for any light you can shed on the topic.