View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
I get a lot of the benefits with a little hack -- I have a folder at the bottom of my library called "Templates". Inside it, I have projects like "Packing List" and "Christmas Gifts". These projects are all "On Hold", so their tasks don't show up in my "to do" perspectives. Every time I need to go on a trip or am ready to start thinking about another year of gift-giving, I right-click on the project, select "Duplicate" from the pop-up menu, then drag the copy up into my main list of projects. I take it off hold and start customizing it (delete "winter coat" if this is a summer trip to Los Angeles).
Another way to do this, instead of toggling the "on hold" setting is to leave your template projects themselves Active but make your Templates folder inactive. Control-click (or right-click) the folder and uncheck "Active". This way you won't have to take the duplicate off of "hold," but it'll be a little harder to find your templates folder since you have to set the sidebar to show All Projects.