View Single Post
Great scripts which will be very useful to me, being a long term OmniFocus user I can't believe I haven't seen these until now :(

I downloaded the scripts directly from http://jhh.med.virginia.edu/main/OmniFocusScripts earlier today so I should have the latest versions, although the page does say it was last edited two years ago.

I'm not familar with AppleScript so I initially implemented the two scripts using the default locations however I've still come across an issue.

The scripts appear to work at first. Clicking on the Project Folder script successfully creates the folders in the desired locations if they need to be created. Then clicking on the Project Notes script also causes the OmniOutliner Pro file to be correctly created if needed. Such as project1.oo3.

The problem I have found is that when I then select a different project in OF and click the Project Folder script it creates the folders ok if needed, but when I click on the project notes script, it complains it complains it can't find the project1.oo3 file even though it should be trying to create project2.

I've also had an issue where once the oo3 files is created and modified I do not have the option to save it, only to Save As.

Ideally I wanted my files stored in dropbox so if I happen to be using OF on the iPad I can still get to my project files via Dropbox's web interface etc. I may later change the scripts to work with plain text files or something so when I'm at work on a windows system I still have access to my notes. As a starting point I've now modified the standard OO scripts to work in Dropbox, so I now have my Project folders being correctly create in ~/Dropbox/Projects/ but obviously I still have the issue of being unable to create the note files correctly.

Any idea what the problem might be ?

Thanks

Phil