View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
Here's why that doesn't work for me.

I have one main OO document that I keep open at all times. In it are about dozen different sections, each representing a different project. I've set the document up from a template that uses Arial 12 as its default font. But for one of the sections, I want to use Arial 14. So I highlighted every line of that section, went into the Inspector, and selected Arial 14. So far, so good.

If I create a new Item, it stays Arial 14. But if I PASTE some text into this section using "Paste With Current Style", it pastes it in Arial 12. What I want is for Paste to behave the same as creating a new line., i.e., not changing the format from the lines around it.

Any way to do that (other than creating a new document for that one outline)?
But it works perfectly well for me — except that I've discovered that OOPro doesn't respond to keyboard shortcut changes like that, unlike other apps, Nisus, Scrivener ... though they use the Apple Text Editor — to check I created an outline where: level 1 rows are 14 point Times; level 2 rows are 12 point times; level 3 rows are 10 point times. With only a level 1 row in the outline, I pasted in some text in Optima 13 in the original, with "Paste with Current Style" it went in as Times 14; I then created a new row, moved it down to level 2 and pasted the text in ... Times 12; then a third row, moved down to level 3 ... Times 10; another row, moved up to level 2 ... Times 12; another row moved to level 1 ... Times 14.

Oh, hang on ... I see ... hmm ... you're not actually setting a level to a style, just some individual lines. I don' t know how you're going to solve that one ...

I don't have time to experiment, but have you tried using a custom style for that section ... Do custom styles replicate themselves automatically on new rows? I've never used them so don't know the answer.