View Single Post
I've been using Devonthink since 2005. My main database is about 10 GB, and contains some 17 million words. It's not terribly exciting to look at, but each time I mistake that blandness for lack of functionality and try to use the Finder instead, I find myself quickly running back to DT Pro Office.

The best thing about the DT-OF relationship is Rob Trew, a poster to these forums who tinkers with Applescripts that link DT and OF exactly as you might hope they would be linked.

- you're in DT, looking at something that needs to be turned into a task. There's a Rob Trew script for that! It makes a task in OF, complete with clickable link back to the item in DT.
- You've finished a project, and you want to file all your OF material into DT along with the other reference material you accumulated around the project. There's a Rob Trew script for that!
- You're in OF, thinking that you really need to nut this job out further. There's a Rob Trew script for that! It creates an OmniOutliner file in a DT folder corresponding to your OmniFocus project.

Scratch around in the "OmniFocus Extras" forum for the scripts. And thank Rob Trew, whoever he (she?) is, if they're useful.