View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxldot View Post
Two things for the dropped folder. Out of sight, out of mind, so I think Dropped folders, which aren't often seen, makes it easier to forget about the projects and for the system to fall into disrepair.
They are only out of sight when you set the view preferences not to show them. By that same argument anything that isn't a next action is at risk if you like a Next Action view, or anything that isn't available if you like to use the Available view.
Quote:
I also think it's non-canonical in OmniFocus: Dropped status indicates that you had initially planned to do it, and decided against it. On Hold means that you plan on doing it at some point. I simply think the nature of templates makes them better suited as On Hold. No need to get too theoretical, I suppose, but that's my opinion :)
Non-canonical? Here's a quote from Ken in 2007:

OmniFocus does have a notion of project status: a project can be active, on hold, completed, or dropped, and you can filter the project list using these states. You can also set start dates on projects and actions (giving you a "scheduled" state), and you can create different top-level folders for projects and use those to create your own arbitrary groupings of folders (such as a someday/maybe list, which might be a bunch of projects in an inactive folder).