Thread: Due and Overdue
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagliere View Post
My question here: How do I get overdue tasks mixed in with due soon tasks?

I have my "Due Soon" perspective: Context mode and going across the view bar: Active, group Due, sort Due, Due Soon, Any Duration, Any Flag.
I'm confused. If I bring up a window with those settings, I certainly see all of my overdue actions as well as those due soon.
Quote:
So, is there no way to get a "Due Soon AND Overdue AND nothing but" perspective? ... where those and only those things show? ... with nothing else on the screen to distract. Of course, being fairly new, I figure that it is just as likely that I haven't quite worked out the "How would OF do this?" logic.
Using Due Soon as your action selector and grouping by Due should minimize the amount of "future clutter" because at most it will reach 1 week into the future, giving you just the Due tomorrow and Due with the next week groups to collapse. I use a variation of your Due Soon perspective (sorting by project, not due, and remaining instead of active contexts) to track my "urgent" work and have little cause for complaint, though I don't personally find it hard to ignore collapsed groups, either.

Maybe you could give us a screenshot or two illustrating exactly how you aren't seeing what you expect?