View Single Post
Thanks for your help! I managed to fix things...

I didn't have an "all items" perspective, but I went to the projects perspective and used the view menu to show everything. I didn't find the folder I was looking for in my current database.

I had looked for the backups folder before in the Library folder but had not found it. After your note, I tried spotlight and found it in my Documents/Omnifocus Backups. I now see that it's in OmniFocus preferences under the General tab.

Once I found it, I opened the appropriate backup, from before when I started reorganizing things and recovered the things that had disappeared.

Oddly, after I was done moving most of the item, I noticed some duplicate projects of the same name. They were at the top level and empty, however. I also noticed I had a duplicate folder; it, too, was empty. I hope that was an artifact of the dragging process and not an indication that my database is corrupted... Just in case, after closing the window for the old backup, I quit out of OmniFocus and started it up again which in a lot of software triggers a database check.

Everything looks ok now, though I am still a little concerned that it might be corrupted somehow. Thanks, whpalmer!

- Liz