View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
What you might be able to do is use a service like DNS2go.com to access your home computer from the iPhone. Without knowing the details of your setup,
I was setting up something similar via www.dyndns.com, I believe but got stuck on the port forwarding, as I have no access to the router.

Actually, I don't think DNS2go.com supports the mac platform, now that I look at it:

"Supported operating systems include Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003 and most major Linux distributions." (http://dns2go.com/dynamic-dns/)

Even if it did, I believe it would require port forwarding still, unless I misunderstand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I'm not keeping up with iPhone developments, but there are a lot of people in your shoes and I'm reasonably confident that some solution will be developed reasonably soon.
If you know of a place where I could keep up with iPhone developments, please submit the link - being able to see what is coming down the pike would be very helpful for me. Quite honestly, it took me weeks to even learn there was an omni forum where I could look for answers (albeit unfruitfully to date.)

Thanks for all the creative minds. Perhaps Omni will just jailbreak their iPhones and make Omnifocus native to it... Although, I doubt apple would be thrilled.