View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH View Post
APOO4
Association for the Promotion of OmniOutliner 4.0
I would like to join this organization. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueld View Post
It seems that it's just on life support mode.
I couldn't agree more with this, and everything else you said. I love Omni and I will always look forward to anything they're working on, but in its present state, to be blunt, OmniWeb is deteriorating into a real piece of crap.

It's insanely slow ... vs. EVERY browser, on EVERY page. Not because the renderer is slow, but because it slows down my entire computer, including itself, because it makes horrible use of memory, doesn't clean up after itself, and is generally very poorly optimized. I had to keep quitting it repeatedly throughout the day to reclaim all the wasted memory, but sadly this only partially mitigates the unacceptable amount of disk paging it causes.

Honestly, I couldn't keep using OmniWeb even if I wanted to. It simply wastes way too much of my time with beachball parties and futile struggles to regain control of my computer without having to endure 2-3 minute periods of disk grinding.

- PowerBook G4 (1.67 GHz), 1.5 GB RAM, 160 GB HD with > 20 GB free
- Mac OS X 10.5.3
- OmniWeb 5.8SP1 (this applies to all previous versions over the past couple years though)

Last edited by Stormchild; 2008-07-04 at 07:22 PM..