View Single Post
Thanks to a tip from Malisa, I've begun using the "duration" field to capture priority for individual tasks, and I really like it! My most important tasks are marked between 1-5 minutes. Slightly less important tasks are marked as 15-30 mins. Anything marked as 1 hour or more is more important than most of my tasks, but not critical. Then I use filtering to quickly view only the most important tasks, which gives me a very clear picture of the things I would like to accomplish at any given time. This really lets me focus, while still keeping *all* my tasks quickly at hand.

Before now, I was using the duration field "properly", but I've found it *much* more useful to decide my task priorities ahead of time & decide what to do next based on those priorities, than to decide what to do based on how much time I have at any given moment. I could spend all day doing stuff that only takes 5 minutes, and I might never get the most important things done! Would be nice to be able to store/use both bits of info (OG folks: custom attributes coming anytime soon?), but if I have to choose, priority wins, hands down.

Thanks for the tip, Malisa!