View Single Post
Thanks RobTrew for the scripts and comments... I think if I return to folders, this will definitely be the way to go.
To address something you said, though, I'm not actually hesitant to break down the personal/work hierarchy, I just needed some spare time (getting to it now) to coalesce Single Action lists together and decide whether I actually want to keep any more SA lists than the original "Miscellaneous" (which I spent so much time hating in the beginning...). For me, breaking down the distinction between work and personal items actually was a great jump not just in productivity but in overall "happiness", which occurred after my first read of GTD. I think I got a bit too involved with the "tinkering with the system" thing by playing with folders and establishing (not-so-)arbitrary delimitations—not saying no-one can benefit from folders, etc.; just relating my personal experience.
I'd be very interested to hear from you and from Malisa, if you wouldn't mind sharing, what your folder hierarchies are, and what your perspectives/workflow look like.

Thanks!