View Single Post
So, I've been syncing over my LAN at home or at work or wherever. But I thought, "It would be kinda cool to be able to sync from anywhere I have a cell signal. I'll try it."

On the iPhone end, it was reasonably painless, but slooooooow.

On the MacBook end, it was also reasonably painless, until it got to the end of the progress bar, and then it sat there forever or until I quit the application. After that it would sync, but it was still slow. Though not as slow as the iPhone.

The iPhone was even slow on my LAN, which connects to the world via satellite.

I'm back to syncing via LAN, which works fine for me.

Years of syncing woes have made me leery of changing anything once I get a working solution. At least this time I was able to switch back with no difficulty.

Recently, I started using Evernote. I know that they provide their own server, but even so, it's very fast, no matter what network I'm on, even on non-3G cell. It just goes. When I tried MobileMe I instantly had duplicate calendar events and other problems. I backed out, fast, and gave up on cloud synchronization from everywhere.

I'm not a programmer, though I'm not tech unsavvy, either. Why can't more programs work like Evernote?

-Speireag.