View Single Post
Yikes, I get hives trying to plan my schedule for 2 days out :-) I can't offer you much sage advice there, as we clearly inhabit different worlds. I think I see what you are trying to do with day of the week contexts, but isn't that going to get messy when you start trying to do things that will fall on Wednesday of different weeks?

My inclination for doing this sort of thing would be to use a combination of OmniFocus and OmniPlan. My thinking is that any project that is going to occupy your attention for more than a week probably needs some careful planning, a la OmniPlan. I would set up a work week with say 5 or 6 hours a day devoted to the big project(s), planned in OmniPlan, and devote the other hours available to working through the detritus of everyday life in a less structured fashion with OmniFocus. You can toss tasks into OmniFocus from OmniPlan with the clipping feature if you want to work them into the mix for a given day, but use OmniPlan to see what slipping the schedule on some action will do to your overall timeline, for example.