View Single Post
New version of OO for iPad, after many, many months.

What's new:
  • Document picker redesign. Oooo! Aaaah!
  • New icon! Whoa. That was SO important to me I was losing sleep at night.
  • Sample documents can be restored! OMG, someone alert the press!
  • Previews now...in case you forgot what you work on every day looks like.
Where is sync?

Where are bullets?

Where is the stability and robustness to handle an outline that's 10,000 items long?

Where is an iPhone app?

Where are any major changes, like the ones OG rolls out to OmniFocus every few months?

Gosh, you know—and I've said this a million times—I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MONEY. Charge me whatever you want!! Just build this out to the mobile platforms with integration back to the Mac app the way EVERYONE else is doing with their apps.

I know you can do it! We ALL know you can do it. Look at OmniFocus!

And in case you think I'm setting the bar too high (unrealistically), given your "limited" resources, has anyone seen how FAST and PERFECT Cultured Code's mere BETA of Things-with-Sync is? Has anyone seen the absolute drop-dead BRILLIANCE of the UI in the new to-do app Clear (which is probably six months ahead of Apple's current gestures portfolio)? The companies developing those apps must have less than half—or less than a quarter—of OmniGroup's staff. And yet look what they're doing.

For a company and CEO that I respect so highly, it pains me to go through so much cognitive dissonance when you release these interim updates to OO for the iPad every year or so. OO is like a burned out warehouse that you strive to renovate on a zero budget, compared with the awesomeness of almost all your other apps.

I'm going back to bed. Wake me up in 28 months when you guys have some something substantial.

Sigh.