View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
I've set several preferences in OF on my first Mac and would like OF's preferences on the other Mac to be the same. Can I simply copy ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist to my second Mac?
We already synchronize several preference settings, such as the default due time. If there are others which you'd like to see automatically synchronized, please let us know! (We've added syncing perspectives in v1.7.)

In the meantime, yes, the biggest danger in copying you com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist between machines is that it copies several sync preferences which really shouldn't be the same on multiple computers. You can see which preferences we've told Leopard's preference syncing not to sync by looking at the com.apple.PreferenceSync.ExcludeSyncKeys section of OmniFocus.app/Contents/Info.plist, but here's a current (and annotated) copy of that list:

Code:
<!-- window/UI state: don't necessarily have or want the same perspectives on two clients -->
<string>SavedViewState</string>
<string>SavedWindowStates</string>
<string>PerspectiveWindowVisible</string>
<string>PerspectiveControlHidden</string>
<string>PerspectiveSnapshotSound</string>

<!-- iCal syncing preferences: two different machines shouldn't publish to iCal -->
<string>CachedCalendars</string>
<string>CalendarsForContexts</string>
<string>SyncCanDeleteActions</string>
<string>SyncShouldPublishBlockedActions</string>
<string>SyncShouldPublishCompletedActions</string>
<string>SyncShouldPublishContextName</string>
<string>SyncShouldPublishDueDateTimes</string>

<!-- Focus syncing state: make sure each machine thinks it is itself re: focus syncing -->
<string>RemoteFocusSynchronizationURL</string>
<string>LastSyncClientState</string>
<string>LastSyncDate</string>
<string>LastSyncError</string>
<string>SyncClientIdentifier</string>
<string>SyncServerIdentifier</string>
<string>XMLSyncServiceCachedServerEntry</string>

<!-- backup: what if you don't have the same folder on every machine or would rather back up less often on your laptop than desktop? -->
<string>AutomaticBackupMinutes</string>
<string>AutomaticBackupFolder</string>
<string>AutomaticallyBackupWhenQuitting</string>

<!-- Printing: probably have different printers on different machines -->
<string>DefaultPrintInfoArchive</string>