View Single Post
OK, perhaps this is too big a change for 5.5, but now that we can finally assign a custom CSS to a site via Site Preferences, this would be a simple way to allow us to view RSS sites however we please, probably with one of Jon's stylesheets. ;)

Applying a custom sytlesheet to RSS feeds would offer a lot of flexibility -- as a per-feed setting, as some feeds are lists suited to the bookmark-mode, or globally to switch to using OW as more of a news reader than the current UI lends itself.
Of course my complaints about the UI could be partially addressed by re-arranging the Info Panel to allow more room for the Description/Comment field, by supporting font sizing in that field (standard Cmd +/-) and perhaps by allowing us to resize the panel.
If it's not immediately obvious, the idea would be that by applying a stylesheet OW would switch over from displaying the RSS in the bookmarks-mode, to rendering the feed in WebKit using those CSS formatting rules (of course.)

Ideally, you'd be able to click on an RSS link and either have the feed rendered or shown as a bookmark window (depending on preferences, and perhaps a contextual menu item/modifier key to get complicated!) and then have the option to save the feed by dragging it into the bookmark source list, or using the bookmark/subscibe command.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but I think this would be a fairly unobtrusive way to make OW's RSS support much more powerful, and flexible than other browsers (well, broadly on par with Firefox, but much nicer!)

Last edited by marc; 2006-04-17 at 08:45 PM..