View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanasius
Yeah, at first I thought this was what was meant by "active" contexts, but turns out that's just those you've manually specified are inactive, which is plain silly.

So, add a vote for contexts becoming inactive based on no current actions, please Omni.
One problem here is with syncing - if it's inactive, the category gets deleted in iCal. Now, I'm using mailtags to make emails into todos in iCal in a category called OF: iCal Inbound. When I sync iCal and OF, those todos get dumped to my OF inbox for processing. If I process them to the proper contexts, my iCal Inbound context will be empty and go into inactive mode, which will delete the category from iCal at the next sync, thereby nuking any todos that have been subsequently processed from Mail.app. Yes, I know it's kludgy.

Of course, I'd like inactive contexts to sync for this reason so I can hide the actual context from the list - but that's weird too.

Ach - this could all be alleviated by being able to dump emails to OF with a keystroke which I'm betting will appear at some point. I mean, there has to be a way to easily process a mail inbox at some point....