Thread: Managing Lists
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEP View Post
Clickable urls work for me in the notes field in OF. I don't think they work in the actual action description though.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
I don't keep a lot of my lists in OF, and honestly, I've never really wanted to. My Someday/Maybe list often has long notes or musings attached to some of the list items, and that just wouldn't work as well in OF's (or OO's) notes field as it does in the program I do use (VoodooPad). I have a "wishlist" I keep in OO which is a list of everything I need to purchase in the near future or would like to purchase at some point. Looking at this list every time I get the urge to make an impulse buy usually stops me cold (thank you Merlin Mann). Sounds similar to your purchase lists, but keeping them both in one gargantuan list makes the prospect of buying anything less attractive to me.
My problem is that I work in 2 different locations on 2 separate computers. I then have my personal computer so I have 3 different GTD OmniOutliner files. If I keep my lists separate, that's a lot of documents I have to carry with me as I like to be able to review my documents from any location that I'm currently at.

Quote:
The only list I keep in OF is a list of actions cross-referenced to a list of projects and contexts. I kind of hope that the functionality of OF doesn't expand beyond that honestly. I'd rather OF be really really good at just one thing than suffer the debilitating effects of feature creep.
Would you mind expanding on the cross-referencing part? It sounds interesting. I completely understand about feature bloat. I don't want to see it have too many things added to it. I want to keep everything as simple as possible for my different locations.