View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keb152 View Post
All that shows is 1.5.2. And, although I've updated to 1.5.2 several times (I was already using it to begin with), it's still showing the badge on the app store icon as if I need to download it. I even deleted omnifocus from my computer and then downloaded again. Still there's a badge. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: I just checked and I am running version 1.5.3. Why does the app store keep telling me to update?
The App Store's download servers update immediately when they post a new version of an app, but it sometimes takes a while for the catalog servers to catch up (and there are multiple catalog servers, which don't all update at once). During that period of time, if you check the version in the App Store it will tell you about the old version (in this case, 1.5.2), but if you download the app you'll actually get the new version (1.5.3).

Since the App Store catalog says the current version is 1.5.2, it will suggest that your 1.5.3 copy is out of date because the version numbers don't match. (The app store doesn't check which version is most recent, it just checks whether your installed version is different from its "current" version.)

If in doubt, the best way to check whether you've got 1.5.3 installed is to go to the Settings screen and scroll all the way to the bottom where you'll see the version number and build date.