View Single Post
Ran into a big issue what could have caused me to lose my entire plan had I not caught it in time. When exporting to html as a task list the first time, it exported just fine (aside from other filtering issues I mentioned in another thread). However, when I came back to export it a second time, with the format selected as Task List from the previous export, the file extension (which was hidden by default!) was ".omniplan" not .html.

What this meant was when I actually did the export, which was in the same directory as my plan, it overwrote my plan file. Sure it asked whether it was OK to overwrite a file with the same name, but since I knew I was replacing a previously exported HTML file this seemed fine.

I luckily caught this in time since the HTML did not reflect the changes I had made and I got suspicious. But this could have been pretty bad...