View Single Post
I often use Norwegian as my working language, and it contains three characters requiring UTF-16 text coding for them to be rendered properly in, say, MS Excel.

I use both Omnioutliner and Omnifocus, and I see they have different solutions for choosing text coding. In OF, an export option is "CSV Unicode-16". If I choose that, my exported file will render all Nordic characters properly.

In Oo, however, I can select Unicode-16 in Preferences (on a general basis for all export formats, it seems), but Nordic characters only renders as they should when exported to .rtf and opened in text edit.

Other results:

.csv opened with MS Excel (2008 for Mac) cannot display Nordic characters

.opml exports are peculiar. When a file originally created in Oo is opened in Novamind, characters are a mess. But Merlin renders them as they should be... This is not yet a big problem for me since Merlin and Novamind can open .oo3s, but the .csv export is a real nuisance although I have some McGyvered solutions.

Any ideas? There must be something the OF team does right and the Oo doesn't...? Norwegian might sound a bit exotic, but I reckon other, bigger languages have text coding issues too in Oo?