Thread: Size of Project
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
That Pet Care SAL could have a repeating action group that has actions to make an appointment every year with the vet for a rabies shot for the dog, put the new tag on the collar, file the vaccination certificate, etc.
I always had problems to define a project and saw in your other posts the advice that a project should have an endpoint. That makes sense to me. Right now I have some projects like the one above for my dog's medicine (call vet, fetch medicine, give it to dog daily, call vet, fetch medicine, give it to dog daily, call vet...) and some other things. Beside that there are some SALs in my Pet-Folder (Miscellaneous, Healthcare/Vet, Action and Fun, Dog School).

The "repeating projects" clutter up all my "real" projects. Would you recommend to turn these ones into action groups and put them in their related SAL? But at my first look there are some disadvantages for this. For example, I can't add any action via Quick Entry into a action group, only into the SAL the group lives in and I can't put a action group manually on hold, right? If the group is repeating it puts itself on hold or just paused depending on the dates.

Last edited by transformcar; 2013-02-04 at 01:05 PM..