View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
...you would not expect to see Calendar, Gantt-chart, etc. If you want those, you should look at Omniplan or other project management software.
Omni has future plans for integrating the two applications and I'm sure they'll accomplish it with active linking and sharing. The two levels of perspective will work well together. I think of OmniPlan as being the tool of choice when dates and durations can be known, but for focusing on Now, OF does enough. Overviews of a more time-fuzzy nature may best be laid out in Outliner or Graffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
...OF syncs with iCal, and as such you can use iCal to manage your calendars if you need to hard code a task into appointments.
iCal is lousy for this or anything at a "professional" level; OF Tasks and iCal Events do not interoperate. I hope Omni moves toward a more universal Sync Services approach. (for example, OF won't move someting onto the iCal calendar and moving a iCal ToDo to the calendar does not delete it from my ToDo (ie OF Task) list). A poor standard calendar app should not be the reason Omni adds a large feature to OF.