View Single Post
Let me start by saying that I don't think there's any easy way to do what you're looking for within OF itself, since none of the views do any filtering based on start date -- only sorting and grouping. I suppose it would be possible to write an Applescript that run each day and flags all of your items with today's start date, but I'm not sure whether anybody has done that, or if you'd want to go that far.

For my workflow, I just do a daily review each morning in context view and flag those items that I feel need attention today. This also helps me quickly review all of my available actions in each context, and of course I can skip over contexts that I know I won't be "in" that day.

Once my daily review is complete, I work primarily from my "Today" perspective, which is an ungrouped listing of all tasks that are available AND due or flagged. I still select specific contexts as required to filter my today list further and if I'm still physically or mentally stuck in a specific context after completing all of those flagged tasks, I switch back to my "tactical" perspective which shows all available tasks in that context so I can see what else I can do while I'm there.