View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTWolff View Post
@ whpalmer4: Checking off repeating actions, however, still leaves the project itself as available.

I want the project to disappear from view when completed on Sunday, and its clone to start on Saturday next, ad infinitum. For the moment I have to manually enter a start day of Saturday, and I'm hopeful that Omnifocus perhaps has a setting to to this for me.
I understand that. It doesn't work the way you want unless you are willing to risk not getting the next week's project created, or are willing to take on the task of creating the next week's project yourself.

If you don't mind the risk, then you just need to set the project to complete when all items are checked off (select the project, open the inspector, check the Mark complete when completing last item box) and it will do what you want, iff you complete all the actions before Saturday rolls around. If you want a bit of extra safety, you could set up two such projects on alternate weekends, repeating every 2 weeks, which would give you a 13 day window in which to get the work done without potentially interfering with creating the next project.

If you want to be really well insulated against not getting the next project started on time, check out Curt Clifton's Populate Template Placeholders script which you could use to create several months worth of independent projects (1 for each weekend) at a time, all with start and due dates.

Frankly, though, my original suggestion is the most foolproof. It also generalizes nicely to collections of tasks where not everything happens on the same interval. If you want to check on the integrity of those backups every three days or every three weeks, you can easily add an additional action (or action group) to do so without having to add additional projects.