View Single Post
I don't like iCal. I also haven't been putting OF data into my calendar ... I run them as two separate systems.

For a good long time, I was using the GCal mini-app (single function web browser) to get to a set of calendars I generated at Google Calendar. GCal is abandonware, but was sturdy and simple.

However, about a month ago, Google did something to their log-in page, and it no longer worked with GCal. I started looking at other calendars. I also looked at making iCal work with my Google calendars, but everything was clunky, or expensive.

Eventually though, I found Sunbird. This is a free calendar app from the same people who brought us Firefox, and works in much the same way. One plug-in allows invisible 2 way synching with Google Calendars, so my problems are solved. [Except Mozilla is planning to abandon Sunbird ... story of my life.]

As I said, I don't link OFu and my calendar, so I don't know how that would work. But Sunbird does work with iCal files; I expect it will work with OmniFu's iCal file.

And, though free is my favorite price, if Omni created a calendar app, I'd cheerfully hand them my money. Because I know it would be good!