View Single Post
I, too, don't believe that we need a 'priority' field (at least not as a high priority :) but would love to see some way of flagging projects that will make all tasks of those projects stand out in all the different views. I'm not sure how this would integrate with the planned "review" functionality, but I definitely need a way to mark projects that need an hourly review to make sure they're on track.

As for the complaint that priority is non-canonical... I don't have The Book right here, but I do remember that, when discussing the 4 factors for doing (first by context, next by time available, then by energy available and - FINALLY - priority) DA was talking about the possibility that we might at one point have technology that allows us to enter in all 4 elements for all tasks and then filter based on all 4 items. However, based on this, we would need to have an "energy available" field before a priority field.

Usually, energy available depends on the context. So a nice implementation that doesn't require entering so much info for each task might be to assign a default level of energy for each context, and then be able to make the really difficult call and the really easy blog post that you must draft stand out from the rest of calls and drafts you have to make. What do you think?