View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliee
Although not part of the GTD purist approach many (most?) people who plan their tasks use a weekly/daily planning model and prioritize their tasks (A1..., B1...C1....). Can't this or a similar prioritization (optional) capability be added to OF to open the application to more potential users who are not bought into GTD? Being able to order all tasks doesn't cut it for me as there is no obvious focus on tasks that MUST be done first versus reminders and minor tasks in order to be effective in my work.
Charliee,

Have you tried flagging your must-do actions and projects? With the recent flag-based filtering options I'm finding flagging invaluable for the prioritization piece of choosing actions. I put flags on the projects related to my monthly goals. Now I can filter just flagged items to focus on what is important and group by due date to focus on what is urgent.

I don't mean to deny that some would find finer grained prioritization useful. Just wanted to offer a suggestion that's worked well for me. I actually found it very liberating to abandon a Covey-style prioritization system. Now my daily and weekly reviews focus on identifying next actions rather than arranging existing actions.

Curt