View Single Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?

Multiple columns and column types are needed, but lack of summaries would not be a deal breaker.

2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.

Would it be possible for an outline to be viewed as plain text on the phone but styled on the Mac? That is, I only want to have to keep one version of a an outline that could go back and forth from phone to Mac and back. On the iPhone, I would miss styling, but could likely deal with the lack of it, but I have to have it on the Mac.

3) Do you need attachment support?

No

4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities? If just a viewer only, how well does the Quick Look preview/DHTML export meet your needs? (Viewing the export on the iPhone that is)

Viewer-only is less than ideal, but will gladly accept it if that is all that can be managed. I really want editing on the phone though. OmniFocus on the iPhone is not an acceptable substitute for me. I don't use Outliner in the Focus method; keep lists in my own way. Having those lists in my pocket on the phone is my wish, especially if I can work with my lists on the phone.

5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.

Syncing through direct attachment, ala iTunes and music, is all that I ask, but syncing through a MobileMe cloud would be keen.

Thank you for asking for feedback,
jkb