View Single Post
I want a way to process outlines on my iPod touch. I've been using CarbonFin Outliner quite extensively and it has a number of things I like. Apart from direct integration with OO, the main thing missing is OO's seamless "inline" editing. CFO is actually not as inconvenient as other outlining solutions in that it's relatively efficient at going from item to outline. But what I'd like is much closer to the text editor or word processor model in which it's possible to edit items within the whole outline, instead of having to go through a kind of dialog box. Here, the TaskPaper model is very interesting. I wish all outliners were like this (with convenient tools for moving outlines around).
Another important thing CFO lacks is copy-paste for multiple items. I wish I could not only duplicate an item with all its children but I even wish I could copy-paste content between CFO and other apps the way I keep doing so between OO and other apps.

But the main thing is that I want OO touch ASAP. So much so that I've been thinking about moving to OmniFocus. OF doesn't seem ideal, for me. But it's here now and it does sync with something in the App Store.