View Single Post
It really is quite disappointing how long it takes OmniFocus for iPhone to sync via MobileMe, even with less than 75 items entered into the app!

I'm a very light OmniFocus user -- I've only got 35 projects, each one has only 1 or 2 actions within them. I don't even use the "contexts" feature! (I know, I'm a heretic... burn me at the stake.)

But syncing the iPhone app can take 45 or 60 seconds! Although I love the app, it is sooo annoying to have to wait through this lengthy delay every time I want to make a very quick change.

I would urge the folks at The Omni Group to take a look at the iPhone app "Grocery Gadget" -- I don't know how those Grocery Gadget guys do it, but as soon as you make a change to any of your grocery lists in their program, it INSTANTLY syncs to their website and to any other iPhones that are using their product. Their syncs happen so incredibly fast that you don't even realize that it has happened. And that product is fairly complex, too -- it allows for embedded photos, multiple lists, a product database, and a bunch of other data.

The difference in sync times between OmniFocus and Grocery Gadget is almost unreal. Perhaps there is something for The Omni Group to learn from analyzing that product?

Thanks,
Scott