View Single Post
hello!

so i'm an avid omnifocus and gtd user, but i'm having a little problem with upkeep of my digital inboxes.

i have a physical inbox on my desk, which is great. it is the one location everything goes into, so it's easy for me to work through and keep an eye on so it doesn't overflow when life gets busy.

but in my digital life i have many inboxes: my e-mail, my browser bookmarks, my mint.com account (for finances), evernote (for my ideas and thoughts), my downloads folder, and of course my omnifocus inbox. these are all of the digital inputs in my life that collect throughout my day and need processing.

so what i'm finding is that when i get really busy, i have a very hard time getting myself to check every single one of these inboxes. it's the whole 'out of sight, out of mind' problem that i don't have with my physical inbox because it's all in one place right in front of me on my desk.

a solution that would work for me is having all of these digital inboxes on one desktop (using leopard's spaces with two monitors). but the problem is that if i spend all this time positioning the windows, then when i quit or restart the computer i'd have to re-position the windows all over again. i haven't been able to find a software solution for this.

does anyone else have this problem, or has anyone come up with a solution to making their digital inboxes easier to consolidate and process?

thanks!