View Single Post
I already have a book on Xcode 2 - I will look up that book on cocoa programming. (thank you)

A little background - I have been using several different packages made for film production and find myself frustrated by the lack of usability. Both packages both do the job (one more than other) but I find myself spending too much time thinking and doing the wrong thing. Also, at almost every turn I see they way that things "should" work, and it makes me want to create a software package initially for myself.

I know Omni has a full plate, but I wouldn't be opposed to sharing my insight in regards to potential market, pricing, and some fundamental concepts.

In the meantime I am using a combination of OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and OmniPlan, and one of the kludgy software packages that will remain nameless to do my job. Of the people who share my job description, all have agreed with my frustration with the current tools on the market and when I showed some of the concepts of good design by doing a Mockup demo (using OmniOutliner), their eyes lit up and there was an "Aha!" moment.

Well, enough for now. Take care!