View Single Post
you'd ("you" == "Omni Group") have my vote$ for that too!

So I understand, "internal links" would allow me to open another file (for instance another OO file) and edit it/save it as itself. As opposed to "Attaching" a file, since I've just learned that this appears to be an internal copy of a file, not really editable as far as I can tell. I'm totally new at this. (edit: RTFM -> me. duh)

Inserting a "file://" method URL does cause OO to create that action stuff with an exposure triangle that when opened displays what my file URL is (i.e "file://~terryg/Documents/file.oo3" -- alas, when I try to invoke it OOP complains that "file://" is a "bad protocol."

I'm really not discouraged. One file contains data pertinent to itself, another file references that data...so I'll continue referencing it by name, and not by human-pleasing (?) conveniences.

In this case, btw, I'm using a kGTD OOP doc, and I have a task that refers to another standalone OO3 file. Did I say I was new at this?

Having said all that....what's wrong about using ctrl-<drag from Finder> into my OO file? The alias created in the one OO file seems to work just fine at opening the other.

Sorry for the long post. I'm new at *this* too.
Terry