View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Item 2: Hiding contexts. I plan to assign contexts to items based on location -- Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Downtown Disney, etc. But as soon as I create these, they now show up any time I'm trying to assign a context to work items, etc. Yes, I could just ignore them, but I'd really like to filter them out. I don't see a way to do this with perspectives. Is there some way to take a group of actions, projects, and contexts and completely remove them from any view until I'm ready to work on them? It seems like 'Focus' lets me hide particular projects, but not contexts that are only needed for those projects. Perhaps the idea of having contexts scoped only to a particular project is not the GTD or OF way, but that's what I'd ideally like to have.
Contexts can be set as Dropped or On-Hold. (I think "Suspended" would be a better word than Dropped.) You can create a Disney parent context, then put the others under it. I quick right-click lets you switch the parent context between Active and Dropped. When dropped, I think this will hide the parent and child contexts from normal lists.

Quote:
Item 3: Project reuse. This is a trip I do regularly (every 1 or 2 years), so after the vacation is done, items all checked off, I'd like to be able to resurrect it in a clean state somewhere down the road when it's time to do it again. It would be nice to have a 'project template' that can be imported at will, modified as needed, and then ready to go.
Built-in template support is something OG has talked about. Until then, you might try my Populate Template Placeholders script.

Curt