View Single Post
First let me say that I am SOOO glad that it is the omni group that is taking on this project since it was omnioutliner that immediately came to my mind when I first read GTD.

I should mention that I am a) NOT a programmer so I am only looking at this thing from the standpoint of an end user, and b) I am relatively new to using GTD but I have certainly read through the book several times and started implementing the system as best I can.

What struck me about the GUI for OF is that, although it seems to have a great way to deal with the "Inbox" and "Projects" and, "next actions" what i was really hoping for was a GUI that would include ALL of the elements of that main diagram that GTD constantly refers to. You know the one I mean, with the outer circle with the following elements (going clockwise from the top): "Someday/maybe list", "Read and review list", "delegate list", "waiting on list", "action to do as soon as possible list", "project support material" and "projects".

At least for someone just starting to use this system, that diagram is how we organize the concept, and it seems to me that processing the "Inbox" would be a lot easier if there was some easy way to move any item from the inbox into one of those elements taken from the diagram.

I haven't seen this issue raised by anyone else so perhaps the more experienced users of GTD are beyond that and simplify the process down to "inbox", "projects", and the contexts necessary to get these things done. For me, however, I am going to be struggling with what to do with things in the inbox that need to go in those other categories. Maybe I am taking David Allen's explanation too literally?

I would be glad to hear from others about this.