View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty321 View Post
Nah, I'm reporting this as a bug to The Omni Group. The preferences don't say "Show Due Soon **OR** Overdue Actions"... the preferences say "Show Due Soon **AND** Overdue Actions", and that's the behavior I'd like to see. Plus, it's clearly what The Omni Group intended because that's how the iPhone app behaves.
Never mind that this behavior long predates the feature in the iPhone app -- this behavior goes back to pre-1.0 versions, and is documented in the historical release notes (Nov. 8, 2007):

Added counters in the sidebar for projects, folders, and contexts for the number of due soon or overdue actions they contain. Overdue trumps due soon. There isn't yet a counter for inbox items; this is yet to come.
Also, the documentation states:

If you choose to show an indicator in the menu bar, you can click it to see how many due soon or overdue items you have in your inbox and your individual contexts; choose an item from this menu to open an OmniFocus window on it.
(emphasis mine)

You should definitely send feedback in if you would like to see different behavior.