View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfkeydel View Post
This is a long-standing frustration of mine: in OmniFocus, "subprojects" (in quotes because there is no such thing) don't have project status or characteristics. As you note, Action Groups cannot be selected when filing an action via Quick Entry, thus requiring additional steps before you can get the action to the right spot.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, although I'm sure there are valid viewpoints to the contrary.
I'm not arguing to the contrary, but I am curious as to how often the action you are adding via QE is to be the last one in an action group. In my experience, it seems like the end of the project is usually the right place when I think of something to add to a "flat" project, but if there are action groups in the project, better than half of the time the new addition needs to go somewhere in the middle of an action group. Possibly the reason is that I often don't employ action groups until I've already done some fairly detailed sketching out of the project structure, and at that point almost anything that needs to be added is a refinement of something already in place rather than entirely new material. I'm curious if I'm the exception or the norm in this regard!