View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
It works for me, but this is something Apple needs to do at the OS level rather than leave it to the developers of applications. As they are unlikely to do that with Tiger,
Well, I agree, at first glance I think this should be a part of the normal behaviour... unless there's something better! :)

...but I also think it's valid for dev's to make some modification's if they add value; Apple's not above a bit of UI variety and experimenting. OK I'm being a bit glib, but this isn't an obtrusive change, other apps fade out their windows in the background, offer HUDs or go full-screen, even though those cases aren't explicitly covered in the HIG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Wrt Windowshade X - no thanks. Too many problems with it in the past for me too trust it today. I'm also with developers who consider haxie use as a PITA for troubleshooting and as I test a few beta apps, I try to keep my system hacks to the minimum.
I was really only pointing to them as ways to try these things in practice, which is really the only way to go. Initially I was sceptical of transparency in background windows, but now I'm playing with just that, and it's actually quite effective. I'm not sure if I'll stay with it, but real use can surprise you... YMMV. :)