View Single Post
My research frequently requires me to work with series of overlayed contour plots, which are essentially very complex and highly overlapped paths that are exported from scientific software as a postscript (the only option available) and converted to a PDF for editing.

One of the editing tasks I frequently do is select a particular set of paths (which usually have the same, unique color) and change their color. This is easy to do in Illustrator via the "Select-->Same-->Stroke Color" feature. Unfortunately OmniGraffle's selection functionality isn't sophisticated enough to handle this type of task. The OmniGraffle equivalent, "Select-->Similar Objects," fails to find a unique (based on color) group of paths.

I'd love to see OmniGraffle implement a feature set roughly equivalent to Illustrator's "Select-->Same" submenu. This is one of the last reasons I continue to use Illustrator instead of OmniGraffle.

As a side note, if there is a better way to go about this in OmniGraffle, please let me know. As I mentioned, the file is imported as a postscript, so there's no easy way to separate the myriad of overlapping paths into different layers, etc.

I've attached a screenshot of an example to show what I am working with.

Last edited by JayhawkBabe; 2010-02-18 at 03:42 AM..